Dave East Talks "Paranoia" Album, Growth In the Music & Co-Signs

For the latest episode of Open Space, Harlem's own Dave East stopped by MASS APPEAL HQ to talk about his Def Jam debut "Paranoia: A True Story." His concerns are not just the usual celebrity complaints. "It's a spooky feeling," East reveals. "I've had two of my closest people to me get murdered in the last four years. It just be shit in my mind. But it be so much more positive shit going on that overshadows it, but that thought is still there, so I named it Paranoia." East feels his new project shows his artistic growth. Having chosen the latter route, Dave East refuses to be put in a box. And while he's happy to be working with the likes of Nas, Jeezy, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana, and Chris Brown, he feels a responsibility to represent for NYC rap fans.

Comments